Monday, August 16, 2010

It has been a while so a Summary

After the Morro Bay triathlon, I took some time off as school was coming to a close and summer was starting. My daughter was starting a day camp and I began to work at the kayak shop part time again. Training was low on the list. However, I was still running every other day.

The next triathlon was the San Luis Obispo Sprint Triathlon on 7/25. A whole month to train. Yea, right.

I did start to swim. That is now my weakest sport of the three. I found it hard to fit it in but I was able to make it happen. I was swimming on Mondays and Fridays at the gym and putting my kids in day care at the gym. My friend Nikki was nice enough to help me out with my technique. I am always in the water but rarely swimming. It was great to have an expert coaching me. I discovered that swimming is harder than I thought. I only had to swim a 1/2 mile for the sprint triathlon. Not a big deal but to do it well is something different.

Right up to the SLO tri, here was my total training.
really 3 weeks worth

Running: 32.5 miles
Biking: 103 miles
Swimming: 4 miles.

I underestimated what I needed to do for training. I did not do enough.

Next..SLO Triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment